Malware Question posting

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by lpaladino, Dec 16, 2010.

1. lpaladino

lpaladino Private E-2

Help, just joined and I need to post a reply to the Malware removal posts, but it's closed. The procedure did not work and the instructions say to send in the logs from your scans, but since the post is closed there is no where to post it to that post. I know I'm being a dummy but I can't seem to figure it out. thanks to anyone who can educate me on this probably easy process.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

The Malware forum is special in that you have to be the original poster of the question or an authorised user to post into this section, so your not going mad!

Reason we changed the policy of anyone replying to malware questions was that it became a mess/confusing when multiple users posted their advice and a fair amount of it was wrong and could have made matters worse. Which is why as you will agree its best to have continuity in helping someone remove malware from their PC.

Your malware issue while looks the same as the user whos thread you where trying to post in, may actually not be and have a different fix as many PCs dont always have the same applciations on them.

If you have Malware then please follow the below as its best to start with your own dedicated malware thread and question

Here is info on how to start a New Thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31333 if you dont know how to start a new one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds