Malware recomendation, good or bad

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by woodwood, Dec 27, 2006.

1. woodwood

woodwood Private E-2

I tried your recomendation and ran Spyware Doctor to scan my computer. It reported 733 objects. however on searching the files and folders, I couldnot find any evidence of over 90% of these objects. I am actually worried that the program is reporting false objects to scare people into buying the software. I am also worried that such a program is being recomended by your site.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Firstly welcome to MG. ;)

If Spyware Doctor has reported that many suspect files then I don't think for one minute that they would all be false positives.

If you are dubious then run Ad-Aware or Spybot S&D to see what they come up with (These are free so it's no cost to you). After you've done that run Spyware Doctor again if you wish and you should see far fewer objects. ;)

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

After reading your post, I downloaded SpyWare Doctor, installed and ran it. It only found 7 items on my system, all of which were cookies as I didn't bother to delete them before running it.

The only downside that I saw was the 7 or 8 registry keys that it left behind when I uninstalled it, as I like the freeware apps. that I use for this. I agree with Yargwel in that if it found that many problems, run some of the free programs and try it again.:)

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)
    Spyware Doctor is actually a reputable spyware remover, as it found the same things that I found with Ad-Aware and Spybot. So follow the advice that Yargwel and Novice have given you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds