Malware removal rujn & read

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bobrobert2, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bobrobert2

bobrobert2 Private E-2

Hello everyone! i had the worst case of browser hijacking i have ever seen, along with antivirus2009, and more. after i ran all this stuff, it seemed to take care of most of it. But i still have the explorer window open on startup with "help.dll" and "help.sig" files. also, a message box pops up on startup saying that a .dll i never heard of cannot be located. anybody familiar with these issues? Thanks in advance!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com :)

You have two options really:

1. Complete the Read and Run Me First link and start a new thread in the Malware Forum and attach your logs. It may be things aren't quite as clean and correct as you think, especially after such an infection.

2. Start a new thread in the Software Forum about the specific issues you are experiencing.

Hope this helps :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds