Missing LOTS

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Kyser Sose, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Kyser Sose

Kyser Sose Private E-2

Hello to all -
    As everyone else at some point or another, I am new here and unsure where to post my problem, so why not the beginers area. My problem:

I had asked a friend of mine to get a copy of PhotoShop for me, what he did was give me a copy of PhotoShop that he downloaded from some P2P sharing place. I think he has said "Bear-Share"? Anyhow, as soon as I inserted the cd and tried to install, I, in matter of seconds recieved NUMEROUS pop-ups both from the internet and Norton Anti-Virus. I couldn't stop it at all except by turning the power off. I have gone through (with Microsoft cust. serv. on the phone) deleting files and such. I have also done steps 1-5 from the "Run & Read Me First" in the Malware Removal section. Everything is out of my computer (so i'd like to think) but whatever came upon my comp that day had already done it's deed. I have alot of files that seem to be missing. When I go to my Programs folder, there are alot of folders that are rather transparent in color than the rest. I also cannot perform System Restore for this is gone too. I cannot use alot of my programs, like iTunes, GIF Animator, Norton Anti-Virus, etc. While on the internet, there are alot of times where I cannot download cetain files. At the bottom tool bar reads something like Javascript() blah blah blah and nothing happens. I have already downloaded the most recent Java but still no dice. I am also getting alot of pop-ups from "localsrv.net" and I forget the other one. I am using a Toshiba Satellite A45-S150, Win XP - Service Pack 2. Can anyone please help me with this unusual problem or point me in the right direction? I really thank you in advance for reading long and poor grammared story.

PS - Sorry for the double post. I am new here.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. hidden_eyes

hidden_eyes Private E-2

dude it sounds like its fried, if you deleted abunch of files you may have deleted a couple of good ones if you have no other options you may just have to completely reinstall windows... of course im not a complete programming genius so mayboe someone else has some files you can use
    to help fix the problem and your grammar wasnt that bad

4. Kyser Sose

Kyser Sose Private E-2

Thank you everyone. I will try and put this up in the software section as directed. As far as deleting certain files myself, I only delted Adware, Malware, etc. All the programs and such stopped working or isn't there anymore immediately after trying to install the bunk PhotoShop program. Thanks again.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

W2MGs :)

7. Kyser Sose

Kyser Sose Private E-2

Thank you everyone for the great welcoming!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds