Music plays but when I run another program, it stops..

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by kittyprrrs, Feb 11, 2007.

1. kittyprrrs

kittyprrrs Private E-2

First and foremost, hello. I am a proud "geek"! I've been in denial for years and it has become apparent that when you get excited over figuring out what is in your computer (hardware, software, malware, spyware...warez), I think you fall under those "headings". Bah, so what...I love my computers!

Secondly, I post this here because I am not sure if it is my driver, malware, spyware....etc.

Thirdly, here is my "problem" (and this is a new one on me).

I used WMP in the past to play music on this computer (Athlon, WinXP, SP2, 906 MHZ, 256Ram) and it was fine (even whilst running another program or two even). Now, this computer has been through hell and back but, it is still my other "baby", and I want to keep her as long as I can. So, now that I have reinstalled all my drivers (again, due to damaged/corrupted files from a power surge recently), I play music (winamp) but as soon as I load another program, it stops. I've checked my wires-they are fine. I've ran all malware and spyware removal-all clean. I believe I am all up to date on my drivers for the ATI card so my only thing to ask is, do you all think it could be my sound card that took a dump from the surge? Is there a way to check it before I buy another sound card?

Thank you all in advance for reading this and trying to help with this!:D

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. kittyprrrs

kittyprrrs Private E-2

thanks, i started a new post in there.

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds