Need help with my computer, internet connection, desktop theme changes by itself

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Falina26, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Falina26

Falina26 Private E-2

I really need help with one of my computers, I have adsl internet and work great with one of my computer but when I tried to connect it to the other looks like its connected but when trying to open internet explorer I have an application error in svchost.exe, I open my internet connection and my IP number its gone. Another problem is that the desktop theme changes from the XP to the classic theme by itself most of the time happens when trying to connet the adsl modem and when inserting a DVD or CD tothe writer.
    I really don't know what to do. I have run NOD32 antivirus, AVG antivirus and it says everything its ok. I cannot run online antivirus because I don't have internet.
    I have Windows XP Home SP2.
    Can someone help me, please
    Fal

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Try to put your questions in the appropriate section of the forum. Sounds like you may have a malware issue. To help speed up replies and get the help you need, post this into the area of the forum that says malware. Someone will be able to help you there. I'd help if i could, but im not sure how.

3. Falina26

Falina26 Private E-2

Thanks. This is my first time in a forum.

4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello and welcome ;)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds