need help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Lesaann, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Lesaann

Lesaann Private E-2

Hi :wave
    Ok, this is my problem. My friends comp took a dump. A friend told her that it was definatelythe hard drive. I thought ok, lets find out how to replace it. But than was told by someone that it may be the a ram chip that's bad & to (think she has 4 chps?) And to rearrage them & or take them all out & try cking comp 1 by 1 to find the bad ram chip. Don't know if that makes sense to me but am willing to try that later today. Did try to reinstall Windows Xp & it just won't take it. That's the point where my friend told me that the Hard Drive was shot. NOt an expert in any way on computer, but want to help as $$ is tight. Can anyone here help me??

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi there and a warm welcome to the forums :wave

I would suggest you repost in the hardware section of the website where you will get help at a quicker rate as this is just a welcome area.

Best of luck,
    Kes

3. Lesaann

Lesaann Private E-2

where do I find that thread?

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi

This way for the hardware section

Going onto the main page index shows you all the various sections of the forum

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds