Need Help!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by MandaAshleigh, Aug 30, 2009.

1. MandaAshleigh

MandaAshleigh Private E-2

I am currently experiencing computer difficulties. My system was running smoothly, and I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on minutes later it would not allow me to get into windows. I have a Toshiba laptop that is about 4 years old, and I run Windows XP. When I turn my computer on it gives me the options of starting in safe mode, last known good configuration or normally. When I try any of the options it begins to load and then a blue screen pops up. The screen tells me it is unable to start windows because it does not want to damage my computer. It then tells me to restart and try to start normally or to un-load any software I currently had downloaded. I had not put anything new on my computer. I was wondering if this had happened to anybody else, and if anyone has any sort of suggestions. Because it isn't even allowing me to get on in safe mode.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Manda-

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. I suggest that you post in the software forum for this issue. Few people look in the welcome center as it is just that.

In the meantime, you may want to try doing this;
    Here is the link to the MS article How to recover from a corrupt registry.

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Manda, and welcome to MG :wave You might want to post your question in the Software thread,as I am sure someone can help you there, as there are a LOT more eyes to help you ;)

4. MandaAshleigh

MandaAshleigh Private E-2

Thank you both! I re-posted it under software.

5. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Welcome to MGs! :wave:major

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds