New and Need Help Please

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by deegazzo, Jun 24, 2006.

1. deegazzo

deegazzo Private First Class

Well hello. I finally got in. lol. My name is Dee and I am new to all of this so I hope I am doing it right.
    Ok here is my problem. I have a Dell Dimension and WinXP was pre-installed when they shipped it. I sorta let my warranty run out and didn't upgrade it. There have been some probs and I had to re-format with a older version of XP that I have. No prob and got all my updates. But since doing this, I now have no sound at all. I went to device manager to look for it but cannot find it there either. Dell will not help as I do not want to buy a new warranty. Is there a way I can find it and get it up and running again?
    Thanks for any help ya'll can give me.
    Dee

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Dee and welcome to Majorgeeks,

Best option is to post in the software part of the forum and mention similar to what you have said above but also include the model version fo your Dell Dimension ( eg. Dell Dimension 4500 ) as Dell will have all the drivers you need on their website, and in your case the sound drivers.

:)

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Howdy Dee and welcome. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds