New geek here.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by smilinggeek, Feb 12, 2009.

1. smilinggeek

smilinggeek Private E-2

Been away from major geekdom for a bit, but slowly getting back in the groove. Have about 20+ years of IT background (PCs and servers, Windows, Mac, various flavours of Unix and Linux, with front line tech support up to "senior" sysadmin and "senior" consultant). Have forgotten a lot. Good with high availability stuff (high availability clusters, disaster recovery). Trying to get good with networks and security. Looking to learn what I can, help when I can. Will probably be asking a lot of questions for a while, but hopefully the answer:question ratio will improve with time. I'm usually more verbose than I need to be. First order of business for me will be learning how to effectively analyse "hijackthis" logs.

I think that about covers the salient points.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's.....

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :wave

4. smilinggeek

smilinggeek Private E-2

Actually, first order of business is to try to read everything posted so far. See you next... month?

5. smilinggeek

smilinggeek Private E-2

Thanks Tim and Fred.

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Welcome to MG's :major

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Welcome to Majorgeeks and glad to see you active in the Mac forum area, always good to have someone knowledgable in that area onboard, so cheers for sparing the time to help others :)

9. csbraj

csbraj Private E-2

Wow, you are my hero! :clap I hope that I can become as knowledgeable as you someday (and I will definitely try). My hat is off to those who work in the I.T. world - I have learned so much from my journey because of them.

10. timetogo

timetogo Private E-2

welcome to major geeks forum, i'm also new =)

11. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to all new arrivals :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds