New here, Active Ports question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by kelkay, Dec 5, 2006.

1. kelkay

kelkay Private E-2

Hi all. Im new here. Really like this website. Wonder if anyone has been using Active Ports? I downloaded it, but not sure on how it works. I went to their website, but it doesn't show a help file on how to use it. Anyway, kudos on this website, I think it is AWESOME. kelkay

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ....good question...so post it in software and you will have more exposure to the members.:) :)

3. kelkay

kelkay Private E-2

Thanks Tim, I did. Kelkay

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

5. cessenaacrobat

cessenaacrobat Private E-2

I have a problem and this is the first blank I found. A friend's husband(true) was on her computer and entered a contest for a free laptop. He know's better, she bans him from her computer for acts of idiocy on a regular basis but still he persists. When she tried to clean temp internet files one cookie could not be deleted. Yep, the contest one.

http:\\compaq-desktop.aol.com\ type: htm file

She scanned w/her virus prog and Ad aware SE. Ad aware found some cookies and they were deleted but the one is still there. How does she delete it?

Missy

6. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

cessenaacrobat, I am sorry but you can't ask questions in someone else's thread. This is what we call hijacking. Open a thread of your own. I think this question would fit at the software maybe even the malware forum.

7. cessenaacrobat

cessenaacrobat Private E-2

Sorry, hi jacking is not a good thing. I used the forum once before in the past and couldn't rememeber how to post. I saw a blank and went for it.

Missy

8. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds