new here and desperate

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by iivanita, Apr 1, 2012.

1. iivanita

iivanita Private E-2

Hi, i am from croatia, english is not my mother language, or better to say your filed of interest is something i cant understand, but i have abnow virus on my pc, which was never protected by antivirus programe,and i tried something on my own yesterday, with avast, it detected the virus, but when i rebooted it asked to go to some previous point, i said yes, so nothing cleand in the end, and my problem now is i can not even start a computer, windows wont start, i was messing around windows safe mode, and am desperate and dont know who and how can help me, will my data be lost for ever? Pls if someone can say something positive

2. iivanita

iivanita Private E-2

I followed steps from cleanpcguid.com and bought for 30 $ some speedpc pro, but that was bad, and even tried to download from safe mode something spyware 4 and got fatal errror message, are they webpage promoting spread of abnow? The language here fro me is like chineese, i just cant understand the importance and the difference between certain steps... feel lost, maybe i did more damage then i had problems, by following their advice

3. iivanita

iivanita Private E-2

want to thank Tim here for giving me help, and wanted to ask you, if i buy one external hard disk and i plug it in my infected pc, to save the data i have there in case something bad happens....would that hard disk be infected too? i would copy only documents and pictures and maybe music .....the same question goes for usb sticks or copying to CD

2nd i have one hard disk but when i pluged it in it did not work.....

i am worried reading other peoples problems , that my Pc wont be able to boot...then i will be lost....

and when do you suggest to reinstall the windows? is that the final solution if nothing else helps?

many thanks

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You should be safe to plug in an external drive. Just do as you said, only move doc's, music and pictures. I had to leave last night, but we will continue with the cleaning now. Don't worry about re-installing, we will get you clean. ;)

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Hang with Tim,iivanita.
    One of the best.

And welcome to MG.

6. iivanita

iivanita Private E-2

thank you :))) this is such a great place! for people like me, who have nooo idea of computers anything, and every IT guy i asked was suggesting me the same thing: run antivirus program, and save data and redo windows....and i was so miserable, and above all this went all so quickly :) BIIIIG thanks to Tim and the whole team of people who are willing to help...anytime....

7. iivanita

iivanita Private E-2

hehe yes so it sounded to me too!but...before you come to installing tds killer, spyware, and malwarebytes you are doing preparation steps for cleanup...so you try to do as much as possible...and then spyware malware is to detect the situation , when you run them they produce some txt files called logs..which you must attach here(easy ), for majorgeeks to help you :) they heleped me and i just know nothing about PCs....
    when they see those logs, they will run you through steps later....be patient they are rather quick!....good luck!

8. johnd2489

johnd2489 Private E-2

Hello, I am new here and also not too prolific with computers :confused

Where do I download a free and good spyware malware detector?

9. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi johnd2489 and welcome to MGs.

The recommended malware programs are HERE.

If you are having severe problems with malware you may need to go to the Malware Removal Forum and do the procedures in the following sticky - READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)

After doing all the procedures and generating the logs, you would need to start a new thread in the Malware forum and attach the logs to that thread. Please be patient if you go this route as the Malware fighters are volunteering their time and work from oldest to newest problems.
    Good Luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds