new here hello everyone

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Tony Tiger, May 12, 2009.

1. Tony Tiger

Tony Tiger Private E-2

Can I listen to Internet radio with dial-up?If so what do I need to make it work? Is there a plugin I can get to keep it from cutting off every few minutes?:yum Any info appreciated:-D

Tony Tiger

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MGs. :)

To be honest, I am not sure if any of them support dial-up. I do know Pandora (which is what I use) does not.

To get a definite answer, you should post in the Network or Software Forum (hmm...not sure which this would fall under).

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

As previously stated
    Welcome to Major Geeks.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, Tony Tiger, you have come to the right place!! I know of one person who is on dial-up that does listen to music, his name is mugrb, so keep an eye out for him, and I will tell him you are interested, so he can post tomorrow maybe how he does it..

I, on the other hand, altho on dial-up too, do not . Mugrb is really into that , so I will see to it he answers your question... ;)

Welcome aboard! :-D

5. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

[​IMG]

Hello, Tony :wave As you have seen, this place is crammed with helpful, clever people who know their stuff. They're grrrrrrrreat. ​

[​IMG]

Looks like another predator come to chase you down, Tee Cee. Not that he'll ever catch you, mind.​

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. Tony Tiger

Tony Tiger Private E-2

Thanks everyone, I found jus what I was looking for.Got some good ol Bluegrass music playing..

Tony Tiger

8. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

I've always liked Frosted Flakes.:yum

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

So what did you find that works besides the Bluegrass.;):guitar I used to save my streaming radio and I believe it was WinAmp. What format is it coming down in?

BTW, welcome aboard.

EDIT: Streamripper is good for MP3s

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  10. Tony Tiger

Tony Tiger Private E-2

You're exactly right BTW it is WIN AMP I'm using,and Bluegrass is all I am interested in thanks for the reply.. This seems to be a good Forum with some friendly ladies also...

Tony Tiger

11. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Yup on the ladies, one of the few tech forums I have ever found with a good representation.:cool Bluegrass rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icMTVV5Lwaw

12. joey off the street

Yeah, until you get to know them.....;)

13. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums Tony_Tiger :)

14. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Ah, Joey, I fly too fast for Tony to catch me! :-D Remeber, I have an Eagle friend around here somewhere if I need any help, I'll call him! See how fast my little wings can go? :-D

Ah, hum.... We ladies are nice to you guys, you know!
    Have a great day!!! ;)

15. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

to TeeCee
    The eagle has changed in case you hadn't noticed.

16. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi hrlow2, yes, I have noticed, but being such a small bird, I just couldnt[ resist! Besides, I am sure you will help me if a tiger starts to chase me down, now won't you ? :-D:-D

17. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I would take care of my friends. Can't you tell by the look on my face.

18. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi hrlow2, yeah, I guess the look on your face would definately scare any tiger away from a little ole bird like me... Don't worry. I'll help you whenever I can... My little wings will be beating so fast!!! :-D:-D

19. joey off the street

I'm just a wind up merchant, TeeCee. The ladies at MGs are a very special group. I like you all a lot. Great humour and clever to go with it.
    Bet you are all hot, too.......

20. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

With all the Tony the Tiger pics, I thought it appropriate to point out that the original voice of Tony the Tiger was Thurl Ravenscroft. He also sings the Christmas song "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."

Wikipedia.org

[​IMG]

21. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Thank you, Paxton007, that is some info I didn't know, but now that you mention it, it does sound familiar.... ;) Now, that song is buzzing thru my mind!!!! I can just see that grinch, hear the song, and then, Tony the Tiger with "They'r Great!":-D Yup, sure is interesting.... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds