New kid on the block

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by No More Words, Feb 23, 2009.

1. No More Words

No More Words Private E-2

Hello to all. I am new here and just had to let you know that I am a 12 year old lad and am wanting to join MGs to learn about computer maintenence and anti malware/virus procedures. My dad is a member of MGs (joey off the street) and says that this site is the best thing on the 'net. He often sits for hours on MGs. He has given his approval on my application as it is very well moderated. Apologies for posting on a long dead thread earlier, I wasn't sure where I was.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

hi, welcome to major geeks.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard 'words', for someone who says that they have no words, you're doing quite well with them. ;) Your dad is right, this is a good place to learn and the folks here will give you straight answers to your computer questions. There is tons to learn just by reading threads. Enjoy yourself but don't spend hours in here everyday.:)

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :wave

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums :wave

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to MGs :)

I'm just impressed you typed with full words. LOL I have a 12 year old who insists on text speak.

8. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

wow for a 12 year old, you sure know grammar... welcome to MGs :)

9. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

He isn't allowed to use text speak when writing on a forum. I can't read text speak, and I'd like to understand what he's writing. txtspk is :ban:ban:ban

10. LauraR

lol...I've :ban text speak when my daughter texts me. She doesn't text me anymore unless she has to. :cry :-D

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

He sure does have excellent command of the English language....... his father could learn a thing or two from him ;)

12. joey off the street

:kissmy

13. joey off the street

I don't approve of that Joey off the street not on my thread anyway.

14. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

Welcome!! Great people and a great place to learn!! Enjoy!

15. No More Words

No More Words Private E-2

Hello you will love it here aswell as me

16. joey off the street

Aye, the light nights are cutting in again, so he's off playing football with his mates.
    Comes in from school, has his tea, gets changed, out the door. Doesn't receive much in the way of homework. Speedy Gonzales. Has a look on here before he goes, though. Gets his priorities right.

17. LauraR

Even kids drink tea there?? I have no idea why, but that makes me LOL.

18. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

ah.... Tea has two meanings here in blighty Laura, can mean the drink of tea, or likely in this case means dinner.

Weird and wonderful british institution we are as we confuse all sorts of things, as dinner here can mean lunch! *oh my heads spinning now*

19. joey off the street

Sorry, Laura, Halo is right, I meant his dinner. In the north of England the evening meal is usually referred to as your tea. In the more civilized south of the country it is dinner. Just one of the foibles of us Brits.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds