New member - need general help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Randy Hernandez, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Randy Hernandez

Randy Hernandez Private E-2

I'm new to this website and I need assistance in understanding how to post
    and reply to messages or reply to threads that pertain to a similar virus problem I have with my computer. I apologize for my ignorance but I had trouble
    finding general instructions on how to go about using the website in an appropriate way with an explanation of the terms that are being used. I did however register. Thank you :Randy

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello Randy, welcome to Major Geeks.

A thread is an individual topic which any member can start. You have started a thread in this welcome forum correctly.
    Collections of similar threads are divided into forums for ease of identification.

Now you are registered you can post in other user's threads in any of the forums except the malware forum. Here you can only post in a thread you have started yourself.

'Sticky' threads remain at the top of each forum list.
    There are sticky help threads for most forums.

That's the basics you will learn more as you go along.

If you need help in the malware department look at this first.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

3. Randy Hernandez

Randy Hernandez Private E-2

Thank you very much - studiot !

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

6. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Welcome to major geeks :)

G

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds