New Member needs some help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by js_se4hire, Sep 26, 2006.

1. js_se4hire

js_se4hire Private E-2

Hello, I am a new member, and I am in need of some help. I have a customer that needs to encrypt the boot drive of a Windows 2003 SBS server and some XP laptops. I am not extremely knowledgeable on full disk encryption, especially for servers. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

js_se4hire

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

4. js_se4hire

js_se4hire Private E-2

Thank you all for your great greetings. A question for nitecrawler, Have you used either of the products? Are they reliable? I try to give my customers the best advice I can, but in this case, I have no real world experience with encryption software, especially on server boot drives. I am currently looking into your suggestion. Any additional leads will be greatly appreciated.

js_se4hire

5. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

I admit i have not had a lot of experience with the encryption of server boot drives, but i suppose it mainly amounts to the level of 'data access denial' you are hoping to achieve within the network of clients!

On a personal level, i use the freeware version as well as the DeCypherIT software and have found it to be quite reliable and thorough......

I hope this helps, and i think we have set the bait to allow someone with more knowledge in this area to jump in and help out!!!
    So sit back and be patient.....once they return from Halo's wine cellar, im sure they will not be able to resist!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds