New search style complaint

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by khale88, Sep 8, 2007.

1. khale88

khale88 Private E-2

i didn't see a particular forum place for feedback and such but the new search style of the website I personally dislike. I liked it when you could type in what you wanted and it would show a list of available programs with the same name or that share the same qualities or whatever as the program you chose, rather than giving me a list of links to the particular places... i used to know how to get to everything and now i'll hafta go through the utilities>etc.. and try to find them another way... either that or maybe it's still under construction i have no idea... i just figured i would say something..
    keep in touch

~KHale

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome,

Feedback is good and as things generally adapt and change over time, new options get tested, if they dont work they get changed, what I tend to do is if searching for an application is add MG at the end so for example searching for Everest would be everest mg top few links are generally the Downloads.

but I will link the owners to your thread here as they may have new info or advice for you.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Problem was that the search itself was very ineffective from all angles, whether it was program name or description. This search simply works better then anything available. Simply type in what you want to do and it will search names and descriptions more accurately then ever before. In all honesty, we appreciate your feedback, but we have had hundreds of complaints over the old search and this is the first for the new one :(

4. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Others have suggested adding the word "Download" to the end of a search term.
    It weeds out bringing up all of the posts that have the words you are searching.
    I have tried it and it narrows down what I am looking for very well.
    Halos suggestion works well if you know the name of what you want.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds