new to forum

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by trek, Jul 2, 2009.

1. trek

trek Private E-2

Hi everyone
    I've been on the internet for about 4 yrs and even though I reformated the hard disk of my previous computer (a mousey,old thing but good enough for a beginner) a few times, I still feel like a newbie. I've been visiting the Major Geeks website for info for years and also I've downloaded some malware utilities and some cool apps. This is the place I've always believed to be safest when attempting any diy computer fix with utilities or perusing forums. Maybe now I'll even ask for advice!

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and Welcome to the site. Best site around IMO. Most trustworthy atleast!:waveBut Never the most fun

3. chronk

chronk Private E-2

Welcome to MG forums Trek - like your username - look forward to hearing from you!

Chronk

4. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome (officially) to MGs :wave
    Yeah, you right. Great site, great people, great help. You obviously have great taste. You are a star, Trek.
    Sorry. Couldn't stop myself. :-o

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome on board and a grand day it is too to be welcoming newcomers to this amazing forum YCBNYH ! :cool

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to MajorGeeks:wave

8. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave and welcome Trek!! This is by far the BEST puter forum around :) so enjoy!

psssttttt you a trekky??? :)

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, Trek:wave You are at the bestest place around, for sure! LOTS to learn, and LOTS of fun! Never a dull moment! :-D

Hope you have a look around, and enjoy yourself! ;)

10. trek

trek Private E-2

Thanks guys and gals for the warm welcome.I haven't learned all the internet jargon yet but I have a feeling most of what's being said is pretty good. Glad to have some fellow travelers on my trek deeper into the digital jungle(now I'm thinking of buying a digital camera).

KathyM I think Star Trek is a great show but I am in no way expert in Vulcan folklore. The user name is more about my PC experiences and life in general with a pinch of Scotty thrown in to liven things up. Let me know if I'm intruding on MG hallowed ground - I could start this thing over and call myself twotimer.

11. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Trek, I think you will be fine..:-D Have you checked out the rest of the forum yet? there is LOTS to read and learn, so don't be bashful.;) The lounge has some good threads, and so does HOT TOPICS.... Check them out if you like... Might find some interesting reading :-D

PD: Your avatar is just adorable! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds