New to Major Geeks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by angelinarose1, May 29, 2010.

1. angelinarose1

angelinarose1 Private E-2

Hello All,
    I am attempting to learn more about PC security and threats. I'm more of a network, and network routing technican, than PC stuff. I'm hoping to learn more about PC's and PC security from others in the field. Also, the suggestion of books, or technical documentation, I would be willing to do some homework. If it's suggested I take a class, I will, but I'm trying to do some learning without the need for attending classes.

I was advised this is a good site to start with, based on some research I did on the internet. I would also like to do as much of this myself, instead of just paying for software. Yes, I like a challenge.

I have used HighjackThis to see if there are any threats on my computer, if somone could please look at the attatched notepad log, and offer assistance I very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
    Angie ;)

View attachment hijackthis_May2010.txt

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome.:)

Major Geeks is a great place to learn about computers. Everyone is friendly and is more than willing to answer any questions you have if they are able. Fred_G gave you links to all the main tech support forums.

As he mentioned, if you are having Malware/security issues, you will need to follow all the steps in the link he gave you (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407). We are not a hijack this reading forum. It is only one tool in the many that our malware experts use here to clean out computers of viruses, etc....and only used within the steps of the cleaning procedure.

If you have any questions, your best bet is to be very specific about your problem or question and post all your computer specs you can such as operating system, RAM, etc. You should do so in the forum it best fits (software, hardware, etc).

If you are just wanting to learn how to analyze a hijack this log, this is a good guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html

4. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

[​IMG] to MajorGeeks Angelinarose1 .

Shelagh :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds