New to posting here (been reading for years though!)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Mogombus, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Mogombus

Mogombus Private E-2

I finally signed up to post after being impressed by this site for years.

I ran across a malware-jacked system that would not succumb to the usual proven methods, so I thought I made a post last night in Malware Removal forum w/HJT log attached as Zip, but it never showed up.

So I'll try a test post here and also Introduce myself. I'm a 25 year veteran of Software Development / QA / Systems Admin / Solaris / Linux / MS Servers / VMware (certified) and now a general Systems Analyst DoD. I've usually been able to have my way with infected systems and of course aim to prevent such, but I got one XP system now that, while still in a very functional state sans persistent redirect, has a bugaboo that I can't flush out from the shadows and I'm intrigued and a bit obsessed with it. I'm sure I can learn a lot here and glad to be finally interacting with ya all!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Approved your thread in malware now as it had a live link to potential malware and we try not to as our filter, filters them out post urls to potential malware links, saves other users clicking them and becomeing infected, as you may know many users are curious and will click a link! so this is a precautionary measure.

It would be best if you run out malware removal guide linked HERE (for your version of Windows) and attached the logs as a HJT log is pretty limited as it only shows a specific area as in startups and some services but not all the locations of malware.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.

Working for the DoD?
    Then you should know how to follow directions.:-D

And the people here really know their stuff.:wave;)

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

It's about time you stepped up and said hello then! Welcome to MGS :)

And you've come to the right place. The Malware fighters here are phenomenal.

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Impressive! DoD comes to MG's for a bit of help.;):-D Welcome.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds