New to the forum - question to ask

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jonny33, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jonny33

jonny33 Private E-2

Hi, what a great and useful forum this is - well done to you who have put it together and maintain it to a high standard.

I joined the forum yesterday in order to get help recovering my XP system from a major attack by trojans and viruses - thought Trend Micro was switch on, but has been off for three months.

Most things work fine now apart from internet explorer which can only run "with add-ons disabled". How can this be repaired?

Would anyone be able to view the log files from the clean-up? If so, where is the thred best placed on your forum?

John

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome

The only place you will get logs read on MajorGeeks is in the Malware Forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 . Having said that, the only logs you will get read are the ones that you are asked to attach after you have performed all the steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

You will need to start a new thread of your own.

Your other option, if you think that you are clean, is to post your IE question in the Software forum.

Good luck

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi and welcome :)

Enjoy the forums

G

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds