New to the Forums

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Butchko, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Butchko

Butchko Private E-2

Happy Holidays everyone! I've spent the last 3 days (part time) cleaning out a trojan on my laptop with help from the procedures listed on this site. Everything seems fine. However, I've noticed I'm still not able to retrieve any Microsoft updates. I need to install an update for getting updates :confused and that doesn't work either. I'm running Vista and I'm not sure where to post my question. I'd appreciate any help! Thanking y'all in advance . . .

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

It is possible that there are still remnants of the infection on your system. I would suggest that you follow these instructions and then start a thread in the malware forum and attach the requested logs:

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

3. Butchko

Butchko Private E-2

Thanks for the quick response. I've used the removal guide. This has been a problem before I got the trojan. I did copy the logs and will post.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Very good. And welcome to MG's!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds