New to this, posted today, seeking reassurance- can someone check I did post right??

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by loopytait, Dec 8, 2006.

1. loopytait

loopytait Private E-2

Hi - I'm new to Majorgeeks - I have used info here before, but never posted. I posted on Malware forum today, but haven't had any response yet (Am I being too impatient??). I was worried - I didn't specify what malware I'm still having probs with 'cos I don't really understand what the scans etc are telling me (except one of them said I still had bugs!!). Will that be a problem?? If someone could just reassure me I'd be so grateful! Did I do it right?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ......have patience with the malware guys ...they do this service voluntarily ...and bumping your thread will only hurt you ...they take it in order .....make sure you have done all the read and run first instructions and posted the required logs ....you'll get fixed.:) :)

3. loopytait

loopytait Private E-2

Thanks for that TimW. Was feeling a bit left out! - I think I did all the right Read and Run stuff and steps 1-6, plus the Hyjack this (change name then run) stuff. - So I'll be patient. Thanks again

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Your bitscan showed 14 viruses and 24 infected files ...and though it will try to fix most..there is often traces left over ...so have some patience...they will have you up as soon as ....you did good.:)

5. loopytait

loopytait Private E-2

Thanks TimW - relieved to know I did it right. It's evening here now so I'm off to do some Friday evening activities... I'll check in again tomorrow. Cheers

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

7. *Jessie*

*Jessie* Private E-2

Well i got your post - but i can't help on any tech problems - i haven't got a clue! I'm here to seek advice too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds