New user- unsure where to put this question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by franquis, Dec 29, 2011.

1. franquis

franquis Private E-2

Hi I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7. I noticed today that the right speaker has no sound coming out of it, I plugged in a set of headphones and only one of them has sound, the other one is dead. I don't know where to check the balance, or if there are other things I need to check.
    I would appreciate any help with this...

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

Welcome to Major Geeks! :)

You may want to start a new thread in Hardware. I'm not sure if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. You can check balance by opening the volume control icon at the right of the taskbar. You should have a speaker icon above the volume slider which when clicked opens Speaker properties. On the Levels tab you can check Balance.

3. franquis

franquis Private E-2

Thanks, I will repost the question. I checked the balance and both left and right have the same levels, so it's not that.
    Thank you for your quick response.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds