New User with problem pinpointed.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by MalakitheMostHi, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MalakitheMostHi

MalakitheMostHi Private E-2

Hello, I have just registered and believe this forum helped me efficiently remove a trojan from a system years ago. I have a few trojans it looks like on my system, Im usuing my laptop now, the issue is on my desk top.

I found this thread through googling my issues:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=260886

this is the exact problem I am having up to where the cpu turns off over and over.

I attempted to ask if I could follow the same instructions, attach my logs and then go forward as instructed.

How should i proceed from here forward?

I went through the read me first butthe steps to clean the cpu in advance will not work as it keeps shutting down.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

You might have a heat related problem. Have you cleaned your heat sink and fan assembly yet?

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...if you have logs you would like looked at, you will have to start your own new thread in Malware and attach them.:)

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Agree with Puppywunder that it sounds like heat related.
    Shut off your PC and refresh the thermal compound would probably stop the shutting off.
    Most now do this to prevent damage to the CPU. Self preservation.

5. MalakitheMostHi

As i stated in relation to the link I added, just like the person in the link to the post i had windows essentials, defender and firewall which were all mysteriously shut off, like his I tried ti restart them they wouldnt, reinstalled essentials which did run but a box keeps popping up saying shutting down in 1 minute while im using essentials to clean trojans, which show up in quarantined items, items which are the same files infected as in the link I left. I tried posting a mew thread but i believe it said i wasnt able to post new thread as i just registered. Is there a particular forum where I can post my question and get on with the remedy? Shouldnt take me ling to walk thru the steps.
    Thanks for the help!

6. MalakitheMostHi

Im familiar with the clogged unit shutting down thats not the issue. Thanks for the input though.

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...as stated, yes, you should start a New thread in Malware Removal and attach your logs.

The only way you would not be able to post is if you were trying to post a reply in an existing thread. You should also, under no circumstances, be following a fix for another user's computer. The experts in our forum go through that person's logs. You could do damage to your machine by trying to apply another's fix.

Btw, have you performed all steps in here (which you will need to do if you want them to help you out): READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) That is where your logs should come from.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds