Newbie Mom responsible for three systems

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Barbara J, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Barbara J

Barbara J Private E-2

Hello out there! I am the defacto administrator for my system and for those of my high school aged children. I am only knowledgeable regarding computer/virus/spyware problems I have already handled. After some major work, I recently, FINALLY, thought I had cleared all traces of Virtumonde from my daughter's computer. While checking a Hijack this log today, I notice a suspicious BHO. There could be other bad entries in the log, but to me...everything else looks ok. I am tempted to create a restore point and have hijack this delete the suspicious entry. But I am afraid. Should I post the log to this forum....or be brave and surge forward. Thanks for any responses! (This is my first post to a forum, though I have read thousands! Please excuse me if I am doing anything wrong)

2. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hello, Barbara. Welcome to the MGs forums. :wave
    All the help and advice you could ever wish for is over in the Malware Removal section.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35
    Just start a new thread outlining your issues and someone will get to you in time. Be patient. That is very important.
    Good luck.

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

4. Barbara J

Barbara J Private E-2

Thank you so much!

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Barbara :wave and welcome to the bestest place around! Oh, yes, you must be patient and they will get back to you... Have a look around while ya wait... LOTS to read here! Glad to have ya! ;)

6. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome to the best forums around :wave
    As others have said you've come to the right place to get the help you need. As JOTS said about posting to the malware forum you'll want to do the READ & RUN ME FIRST http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 then post your logs.If you have a problem just follow these instructions;
    * If something does not run, write down the info to explain to us later but keep on going.
    * Do not assume that because one step does not work that they all will not.
    * If you cannot boot in Normal Boot mode but your PC runs in safe boot mode, you can ignore our note about Normal Startup and just complete as much as you can in safe boot mode. Some programs may not install in safe boot mode.
    * If you cannot download required programs on the infected PC, download them using another PC and copy them to the infected PC via CD or USB drive.

and as TeeCee said
    Enjoy the forum and Good Luck.;)

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds