Newbie needs help with laptop

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ragingheart2112, May 25, 2011.

1. ragingheart2112

ragingheart2112 Private E-2

Is there any software on this site that will help you get rid of infected files that are already on your computer? My anti-virus picks up the infected files, but is too compromised to stop them. 4 of the infected files are trojans, (including a dialer). I can't connect to the internet and am afraid to turn on my laptop for fear the infection will continue to spread. Is there any free software I can use to help with this as I can't afford to pay to have it fixed right now. Any help that anyone can give me will be very much appreciated. Thank you.:cry

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, ragingheart2112, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Yes - there are programs that will help, and more importantly, good people who will help you use them.

Simply go through the Malware Forum's Read & Run Me First thread, perform all of the suggested steps, and attach the requested logs to a new thread in that forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds