Newbie....

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jacobite, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jacobite

jacobite Private E-2

Evening folks,
    Another newbie here just dipping my toe into the pool of posting in the right place without being shot down.
    I stumbled upon this site whilst trying to solve malware issues and i managed to muddle through it with some success.
    It is a veritable treasure chest of excellent information on here and i must thank you all for much needed and appreciated help.

I will be posting in the relevant (i hope ) forums in the not too distant future so please bear with me if i get it wrong.

Many thanks

Al:wave

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Welcome to MajorGeeks jacobite! :major

It's always great to hear from a newbie that was able to find help here. And don't worry about starting a thread in the wrong forum. We cut newbies like yourself a good deal of slack until you get the hang of things. It's only forums regulars we use our whips on!;):-D

3. jacobite

jacobite Private E-2

If i have managed to sort out my original problem of malware infection and google re-direction, but potentially still have some kind of issues, is it better to start a new thread or post onto the tail of a previous one with similar problems?
    I have read and realise that there are only a limited number of helpers out there and do not want to jump the queue!
    I will more than likely have to post scan logs so will need to get used to this first.

As you can gather, i am not the most advanced user but i am patient and keen to learn.
    Thanks again

Al

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

It's always better to start your own thread with any issue, however, in Malware you won't have a choice since you won't be able to post in anyone else's thread. Only authorized members can reply to threads in that specific forum.

Short answer....go ahead and start your own thread and attach your logs as per the instructions in the Read and Run Me. Your thread will then be in the queue. Once you've posted your logs, don't post again, as that will move you to the back of the queue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds