nice place you folks created here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by freetime, Jul 18, 2012.

1. freetime

freetime Private E-2

Hi, I'm an older guy that was (by default) 'self taught' how to use a computer. Realize now that I graduated from college before calculators came out, so be patient with me. I realize that most 10yr old children know more about electronics today than I do at 76 yr old. That's fine, I'll take advice from whomever offers it. I look forward to learning here and getting a better understanding of using a computer. Thank you for helping me out with my questions.

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

:waveHello and Welcome to the forums.:wave

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Welcome to the forums freetime.

It's all good, but those 10 year olds would be helpless if the electric went out.;)
    Have a good read and ask any question, none are too "dumb" as everyone has to start somewhere in learning.
    Kudos on the effort to learn something whatever the age.

4. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Welcome to {MG}

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome to the forum from one oldtimer (65) to another.

6. freetime

freetime Private E-2

Well, that gave me a chuckle, that first line of your's. If it does n't have to do with electronics I'm your man. I farmed for the first 55 years, then worked for another 10 years mowing folks lawns with my hand push mower and pickup truck. I decided to stop driving when it seemed too reckless out there for the amount of money I was making. I stopped the major physical stuff outside type work due to the pile up of injuries over the years. They do take a toll on oneself so you younger folks heed what your grandparents say.

Now I guess I'm ready for the 'Atomic Age', sitting at a desk watching the bird feeders and seeing what the rest of the World is about on the computer! The TV is ok, but seems to have more re runs than original programming. The radio I like to listen to shortwave broadcasts at night. I have a very large personal library of books too. Enough about me, Thank you again folks for the warm welcome.

7. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Welcome to the forums. The saying "never a dumb question" really is an underlying theme here. It's why I frequent this forum out of the multitude of other forums across the web that are tech based. The background color of the page is also easy on the eyes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds