No New Hardware

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by BILLMCC66, Jan 16, 2007.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hi i have had a look at thesupport forums and have not seen this one when i bootfor the first time every day i get a pop up that says "new hardware found if you have a disc from you supplier insert now"as i have no new hardware i cannot understand this?
    If i set it to search it spends about 4 or 5 minutes looking and then says no files found. If i press cancel the pop up goes off but the a pop up on the toolbar says "your hardware may not work correctly as intallation was not completed"
    any help please confused confused

<!-- EDIT: Fixed Caps -->
    <!-- EDIT: I also spelt Hardware correctly in your thread title for you ;) -->

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  2. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

Re: No New Hardwear

when this started, was it after you just added a new thing? What is the newest thing you added to your computer?(including USB webcams, new mice, or new drives inside, anything)

And please don't TYPE IN ALL CAPS, because it hurts our eyes.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's.. you must of added something new reacently as ST47 said.

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I loaded sony ericson gsm suite and a driver for blutooth but could not get them to work so uninstalled them

5. wildwolf220

try installing them again. could be that the drivers were not fully installed first time.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

ok thanks i will try that

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

welcome to MajorGeeks :)

8. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have tried reloading the softwear but still get the pop ups, it has changed in one way only it now tells me that the new hardwear is a " pci simple communications controller" and the results of a search are just the same, all suggestions gratefully received

9. wildwolf220

i would advise you to start a thread in the software forum. the guys there will be able to help you out.

10. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

OK Wildwolf thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds