non geek mom needs help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sixxty3vette, Oct 13, 2008.

1. sixxty3vette

sixxty3vette Private E-2

being a non geek i need someone to help me with processes running on windows xp..i dont understand computers the way im sure everyone here does. my son wants to just come in and set this computer up like his but i want it to be the way i want it. and use the things i like using..like my aol email ..i dont need a super computer, i just need to be able to do the things i want to do..so i cant get help from him. unless i want a completely unfamiliar setup..and ive had that fight too many times already
    . i know enough to know that there are processes running that dont need to be. 36 right now i just dont understand all the instructions ive seen at other sites like black viper (i think thats it) about removing them..basically i need to know if someone can look at them and tell me which ones to stop and how to do so..
    think of it as fixing your moms computer for her..without jacking it in anyway you would just help the old lady out..lol
    and im really not stupid in all areas of life.just this one..
    thanks for any info or help

2. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

If you could provide a screen shot of the processes you have running.
    it would help to advise you about what ones are needed and not.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

As has been said pop over to software and someone will help you work through your processes and your start-up items.

You may have already took a look at this giude here Basic computer maintainance

But if you still need help don't hesitate to ask! :)

5. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

just post in the software forum and we'll have your computer running the way you want in no time:)

Wolf

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

roflmao@ muskie

8. Kestrel13!

:-D:-D that's hilarious!!

9. sixxty3vette

sixxty3vette Private E-2

LOL thanks ill go to the correct place and ask.... see..i dont even know where to post correctly..im learning though..slow as it is..lol

10. Kestrel13!

don't worry..I still need to consult compass and map sometimes LOL

11. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

You don't ever want me to use a map - I'm liable to end up on some uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific. LOL

Welcome to Major Geeks, sixxty3vette! :wave You wouldn't happen to own one of what your namesake is referring to, would you? :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds