Not a Geek...saying hey

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by kidjayhawk, Aug 13, 2007.

1. kidjayhawk

kidjayhawk Private E-2

I know nothing. I did a search because I have a nasty a.bat trojan on my computer that won't go away. Tried many things including system back-up and Nortons.

I did a Google search, and here I am. There an explanation on how to remove it. I did the process and no luck.

Here is the original Link:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119169

I got to this step and got lost. Why? Cuz I had only one of these files on my computer:

"
    Please run HijackThis and click on the Open the Misc Tools Section button on the open page. Then select Open process manager on the left-hand side. Look for the following process (or processes) and one at a time kill them by selecting it and then click Kill process. Then click yes.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\clxrss.exe

After killing all the above processes, click Back.
    Then please click Scan and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O1 - Hosts: 66.197.153.197 idenupdate.motorola.com #webjal auth
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [clxrss.dat] clxrss.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [clxrss.dat] clxrss.exe
    "

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

I'm not exactly sure, but I think what you are saying is that you google searched for your problem and found that other person's thread in the Malware forum?

Basically, the way it works is everyone has their own thread in there where the experts at getting rid of malware give the person specific fixes for their computers. Even though you may have the same malware, it's probably going to be a different fix for you. You may also have more problems then you realize.

SO...what you want to do is go to the Malware Forum. In order to get help, you Must follow the Read and Run me thread that is stickied at the top. You should follow it all and post all the logs that are requested. You will need to start your own thread to do this. It is a long process, but well worth it. I would suggest that even if it seems to have fixed your problem, that you still post your logs for them to be checked out.

Hope this helps and good luck.

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

Follow Laura's advice and the Malware Geeks will look after you.

No advice can be given on Malware outside of that forum due to the potential issues that may be caused by people posting incorrect information.

Take your time and follow all of the instructions correctly and the experts will see you right

4. kidjayhawk

kidjayhawk Private E-2

That is cool. I have been able to search and do things myself in the past but only saw this one fix for this problem. I didn't realize it might take a little something else to fix it.

Thanks for the welcome and helping me out....Now off to Malware Forum I go.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds