Not sure where to ask for help.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by triespice, Jul 14, 2006.

1. triespice

triespice Private E-2

Two issues I have been 'dealing with' by ignoring for too long, now I am just annoyed.
    I apologize for NOT knowing where to ask for help in the first place.

ONE
    right clicking on a photo to save it, it wants to save as an untitled bmp. I have tried going to tools, options, clearing and cleaning this and that, it MIGHT work for a while, where I can right click a photo and the name followed with .jpg comes up, but it isnt long before it lapses again.
    Perhaps another lesson is in order please and TIA

TWO
    certain sites I have been visiting for a while, now all of a sudden I get there and the box pops up saying "cllick to run ActiveX control on this webpage"
    Well if I click it, i get the good old IW has envountered a problems, needs to close blah blah. Send a report or dont send
    BUT sometimes, and sometimes only, if i "X" it instead, the window goes away and I dont get the IE pop up and I can continue on the site.

Okay so these are my two issues and I am tired of ignoring them and getting ticked instead. So please...help.

TIA
    TRIE

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's .....would post the question in the software section ....(possibly after running:panda online active scan
    http://www.activescan.com
    just to rule out that issue ....:) :)

3. triespice

triespice Private E-2

Thanks Tim, I am about to do that sacn now. I suspect all will be in order though.
    I will ask in the software section too.

Thanks again
    TRIE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds