NTFS.SYS Issues!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Z34Peach, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Z34Peach

Z34Peach Private E-2

Hi Everyone:

I am new to the major geeks forum. I have a big problem with my pc and need some help. My windows XP boots up gets to the main screen then shuts down. I have tried the XP recovery disc, and when I get to the DOS window, cannot even get to the C drive. I get an error, Invalid drive. Ive tried using the Wind XP CD to try to repair, and get a blue screen that says :
    ntfs.sys f7223bba base at f7217000 date 3d6de5e1, also on this screen it tells me to disable antivirus and or disc defragment. I get the same message when even trying to re install wind xp. I cannot do anything at this point and I am frustrated. does anyone have any ideas on what to do.???

Z34peach :mad:

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ......we need to have you post your problem in the software section, where more will see and respond ...(My first suggestion would be to get into your bios and see if virus protection is enabled ...might be why you can't do the repair ....but other things could also be at fault).:)

3. Z34Peach

Z34Peach Private E-2

Tim: can you tell me how I can do that?

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Welcome to majorgeeks!

You now have 3 threads open! I will remove one of them and leave this one as your welcome thread and the thread in software for people to respond to your question.

Please try and remain in one thread as it helps you get a helpful response and is easier for us to help you!

5. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks BTW, sorry im a bit late, been real busy lately.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds