NVIDIA problem.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rob m, Nov 12, 2009.

1. rob m

rob m Private E-2

Hello,

I am new to Major Geeks so I might not do everything correctly.

Not sure what you are looking for in title, so I listed my problem area.

I keep getting the NVIDIA message below:

“NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 91.47 encountered a problem and needed to close.”

Is something corrupted? Should I uninstall NVIDIA programs and then re-install them?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. rob m

rob m Private E-2

Thanks so much for your help.

Sorry, but I should have mentioned that I am using Windows XP. Thank you for listing addresses for both XP and Vista.

By the way, do you recommend moving to Windows XP Service Pack 3.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Always update to service packs and get all new Windows Updates, usually released on Tuesdays. :)

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG rob m :wave Glad you could stop in. This is the best place, and yup, update that SP & windows updates. ;) Do you have Automatic updates turned on? That might help you with your windows updates. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds