Official Greeting & I Apologize

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rayzur, Jun 21, 2007.

1. rayzur

rayzur Private First Class

Official Greeting-It has just dawned on me that even though I have been around this forum since October 2005, I have never really given an official greeting to all the wonderful people that make this such a great support forum. So I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know how much I appreciate this site as well as the kind and helpful members. Thank you for all of your support!
    I Apologize- It seems that I did something wrong yesterday and I just wanted to apologize for it. I had posted three replies in a row with several external links to some tutorials in a programming thread called "CSS Newbie".
    I saw that my replies had been deleted and the thread was locked. I'm not sure what I did wrong, I would like to know so that I don't do it again. I really felt bad, kinda like a puppy with his head hanging down & his tail tucked between his legs. Anyway, please accept my apologies for any sort of thread abuse I was guilty of. I Just wanna be considerate to everyone around here and stay within my boundaries.
    P.S.- My home page has been set to MajorGeeks for over a year now. I hope this thread can be the platform for me to get to know my fellow geeks here in a more personal manner.
    Thank You for your time
    Humbly, Rayzur

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

I don't know why you were the only one deleted, maybe the Mod has personal knowledge of the sites you offered and they are not totally safe/legal in what they offer. Remember piracy is highly frowned upon here at MGs. Not that that is the case. Just be 100% sure about links you offer up in that they are clean.

I did notice the thread was created on 10/29/04. Pretty old for still being informative to the creator and probably why it was locked.

Hope this helps.

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Welcome back :)
    The shoutbox is as good a place as any to re-acquaint yourself and get to know us 'new' guys! :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Very likely the correct answer, there is no point in replying to old threads, the original poster is likely to be long gone or not interested after a 2.5yr gap.

5. rayzur

rayzur Private First Class

Thanks for the replies!
    Actually I wasn't the one that pulled up the old thread, however it was my oversight in not checking the original post date. I was just trying to be helpful with the tutorial links that I posted. They were legitimate and respectable sites.
    I was kinda hoping the Moderator would come through here and define exactly where I was in the wrong. I've never had any problems here before and my intentions were good.
    Anyhoo, it's water under the bridge now!
    I'll just be more conscious of my posts from here forward.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I did see above, no you did nothing wrong, but if we start to drag up old threads we will and may have much out of date information.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds