Ok So I am new

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jojozgr82, May 12, 2012.

1. jojozgr82

jojozgr82 Private E-2

Hello Everyone.
    As for this site I am certainly not new, just new to the forums... so where do I begin so that i can share my recent HijackThis results

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi jojozgr82 and welcome to MGs.

The malware team does not use HijackThis anymore.
    If you think you have a malware infection , please go HERE and follow all the instructions for your particular Operating System and post the logs as requested. Please remember that the malware fighters are all volunteering their time and they work from oldest to newest in helping people so there may be some lag time in the first response but they will respond, so be patient.

This crew can work wonders in cleaning up systems but it can be a long process, as malware has evolved into a nasty piece of work in some cases.

Good Luck and again welcome to the forums.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome

The advice lbmest has posted above and the guide to scan your pc for common malware and clean it up to get you then to a point that the remaining custom (MGTools) scans will help out malware team fix your PC up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds