Old member back in action

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by TeckniX, Jul 12, 2010.

1. TeckniX

TeckniX Private E-2

It's been a while since I've been on here - Obviously some more windows annoyance have brought me back and I figured I'd say hi to the team of dedicated supporters.

Thanks for everything you've done and keep doing on a daily basis!

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome back :wave There are many dedicated people around here and we all like to say thanks to them often.

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello, TeckniX :wave Glad you could join us, and hope your issues get corrected. Like Silas has said, many good peeps here to help, just post your question, and you will get answers;)

4. TeckniX

TeckniX Private E-2

Looks like a couple of combofix and SuperSpyware tools helped resolve some of my issues - What's really weird though, is that none of the links to download software or other misc posts (like in Malware Removal - Read Me & RUN post) I can't see any of the links.

Now if I view the html source, I can see the links clear as day, but something seems to be preventing me from actually seeing them through the browser.

The malware I somehow obtained is the 'google redirect' and 'random popup' one. Norton was nice enough to block ComboFix before it finished and thus never got a log of what it actually did. Can this be recovered?
    I'll report back if I figure out what's causing the strange URL disappear and/or I get popups and bad redirects again.

5. TeckniX

TeckniX Private E-2

[edit]
    Not sure if this was the doing of the malware or not, but apparently adBlock Plus had all a[target="_blank"] for majorgeeks.com blocked as 'ads/spam' and thus wasn't showing ANY download link. A quick edit, to add an exception rule for the forums worked like a charm!

6. silas

silas MajorGeek

Yeah theres a thread about AdBlock blocking links on this site. Maybe you should go and do the "read and run" sticky in malware section again? And finish all scans and post all logs!

7. silas

silas MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds