Perplexed

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by shiver_shot, Mar 30, 2008.

1. shiver_shot

shiver_shot Private E-2

Hi all. I came to major geeks many times before for help and allways got it. Thanks to all. I have a problem that i can't seem to fix. I was trying to remove some malware from my sisters computer using the smitfraudfix. It took it off and then the next day it was back. I used all the options the tool offers but it comes back. Any suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Shiver Shot and Welcome

As your having malware issues then please follow the below, after finishing the guide and scans you may well still have malware, this is normal and in most cases malware needs to have an expert look over the logs to determine where the malware has rooted itself, they will then once found post some manual instructions for you to follow. While many scanners will remove th emain infection their may well be other parts of the infection still on the PC which re-infect you.

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. shiver_shot

shiver_shot Private E-2

Hi all,
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    As I said the smitfraud kept coming back. I ran the smitfraudfix and all the other scans and cleaning tools that that are suggested and that must have did the job because there is nothing reappearing. The system is running like new. There is minimal cpu usage and start up is quicker than ever. I've been shutting it down completely and restarting to be sure.
    Thanks for all the links to tools and info.
    If I need more help I will start a new thread in the correct subject area.
    Is there a place to give a donation for the support of majorgeeks.com?
    Thanks again:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds