Please help me!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Ms MArty, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Ms MArty

Ms MArty Private E-2

I keep trying to remove res://c:\windows\system32\shdock.dll/dnserror.htm by installing Spybot then CShredder and Hijack this and I'm still having the same problem. I found the file but I can't delete it. I get a pop up saying it's in use or protected and can't be deleted!:cry I've been at this for 2 days now and I don't know what else to do!!!!!!

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. Ms MArty

Ms MArty Private E-2

Thanks so much I think I have successfully gotten rid of the res://c:\windows\system32\shdock.dll/dnserror.htm problem on my laptop since I downloaded the latest version of SPYBOT but I can't remove it from my main computer because I can't access the internet on the main computer. I put the updated SpyBot onto a flash drive and tried to install in on the main computer but since it can't connect to the internet I keep getting an error code: Error sending request. the server name or address could not be resolved.
    How can I install SpyBot or any other anti-virus or spyware fighter and make it run without internet access? I had an old version of SpyBot so it kept telling me there were no threats. What should I do now? I feel like a completely helpless because I know so little about computers! !!:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds