Please help! my computer has some problems

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by elrizo, Aug 1, 2010.

1. elrizo

elrizo Private E-2

Alright so I think I have quite a few problems so please bare with me as I tell them all. First off when I on my computer Roxio Update manager comes up and it says I have an invalid H drive. I click okay then it tries to install something but it stops because it is not able to install anything. I cancel it but it keeps popping up quite a few times then finally it closes. I deleted all things associated with Roxio but it would not let me delete the update manager. I have no idea what Roxio isto be honest but I don't think I need it so I am trying to delete it but it won't work. I am not 100% sure but I feel like this may be a virus. Secondly after all of this and Roxio finally closes a little screen is there and says error loading bwrmp.dll. I have absolutely no idea what that is. Finally whenever I am on any site after a a few minutes a site just opens up and im pretty sure its associated with a virus. It is like a pop up but the sites arent those ordinary pop up sites. This computer has had a few viruses before and Malaware bytes antimalware cleaned it up but I think there is still a virus that has overridden my Anti Malware. I also have AVG Free 9.0 and Spybot search and destroy but those too are becoming slightly ineffective. The last virus I recall having was that antimalware doctor (something along those lines, I don't really remember the name) and it said I had a bunch of viruses but I didnt. Please someone out there help me solve this problem I have no idea what to do but I need to fix this, its causing me a lot of problems.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. If you suspect malware on your system, please follow these instructions. When done, start a thread in the malware forum and attach the requested logs.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.

Listen to Tim and follow the directions exactly when told to by the Malware fighter once you get to the Malware forums.
    Do that and they will get you lined out.
    Just be patient and don't bump.Will only hurt yourself.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds