Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Kris_, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Kris_

Kris_ Private E-2

Hi, I'm new to computers really and need help. Downloading takes too long and I can't get broadband here yet. Is there anything I can do? Any boosters I can download free?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly not really, these so called internet speedup tools will not allow you to download files quicker than the max speed you have now, all they do is allow general surfing of pages to load quicker by caching them on proxy servers as well as lowering the picture quality to fool you into thinking they are increaing your internet speed.

Only thing you could do and it only really helps in allowing you to resume a broken download if your connection cuts off for any reason is to use a Download Manager ( wont speed up downloads ) saves re-starting a download from scratch.

Download Express is pretty good and free.

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)
    I use Download Accelerator Plus, and its pretty good at resuming downloads, though I havent noticed an increase in download speed, in fact with all the download managers i use theres no noticeable difference.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds