please help...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Whisper626, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Whisper626

Whisper626 Private E-2

hey all ...i am currently having trouble uninstalling norton anti-virus off of a laptop tryed downloading uninstaller 1.0 and yadda yadda just my luck it did not work...what else is there to do to get this junk off of a laptop...if anyone can help me

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  2. JakeD

JakeD Corporal

1. Click on Start | Settings | Control Panel
    2. In the control panel double-click on Add / Remove Programs
    3. Look through the list of installed programs for any item that says either "Norton" or "Symantec" or "LiveUpdate".
    4. For each "Norton", "Symantec", or "LiveUpdate" item, select the item and click Add / Remove. Follow the instructions, and click Yes or Yes to all when prompted.
    5. Click OK to close the Add / Remove Programs window.

Finally reboot your computer if it hasn't already automatically rebooted.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Removed your email from your thread, its an easy way to get on spam lists. Also, since your asking on the forums, its better to wait for a reply here, then ask for email assistance. This helps other who read and might have the same problem and I have seen people go to email for help, then allow strangers to remote access their computers and other horror stories :)

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds