Posted Wrong, Help, Should I Start over?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by HalpMeh, May 10, 2009.

1. HalpMeh

HalpMeh Private E-2

Hi, I have posted a thread and thought I'd get help by posting my Gooredfix log. Later I saw that four other scanners need to be run before anyone will help you, so I began running them and posting the logs in my thread. Then, I saw the rule that says you can't bump your own threads. When I tried to PM and admin to ask about this, I found that I wasn't allowed because I haven't got more than 50 posts.

Can someone tell me if I've made my thread unusable? Is there a way to get help through this thread (I see that other posts made around the same time, and even with the same topic have been replied to)? Or do I need to just start another one and do it properly this time? ANY feedback is appreciated - I really really really really need help with the Google Redirect virus. Just need to know if I should wait for a reply to my original thread, or if I have rendered that impossible with my poor understanding of the rules. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

To HalpMeh
    Welcome to Major Geeks
    In the time that it took you to write this post, you could have put the entire thing (with logs) into the other section.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

Usually when coming for help. Theres a link that TimW gave you. You do what it exactly says specifically. Then post all logs on your thread. And then someone will get back to you. Now remember it can take some time. They get alot of people posting each day about issues. And it can take some time for 1 to be fix. They post and keep up with that 1 post for a while/days/hours depends on how bad and hard to fix. So your post can take some days to reply to. I remember I had one 5 days . But remember if you BUMP it adds and pretty much takes you to the end of the page. So dont bump unless its important of sort.

5. HalpMeh

HalpMeh Private E-2

I was just trying to make sure I hadn't broken any forum rules. Sounds like you're saying it's okay to post logs in my original thread... just know that I'm not bumping the thread, I have to post one more time to attach two more logs. Thanks.

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Yes...attach not copy and paste

7. HalpMeh

HalpMeh Private E-2

OK, I attached the last two logs. How will I know if/when someone will help me? Or do I just keep checking back and searching? Or...? Any guidance is appreciated.

8. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

if you have email notification of replies you'll know that way, otherwise come in > check subscribed threads :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds