Posting a log into a thread.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by RichiesART, Jan 19, 2009.

1. RichiesART

RichiesART Private E-2

Hello everyone!. Nervous new user here. Its like starting a new job with no one to show you around. Lol. I bet there's loads. I must admit this is the first time I have ever joined a site like this. majorGeeks kept popping up every time I searched for an answer to any specific problem.

My new problem is an ever decreasing speed on the internet, or my PC in general. I get hundreds of replies, all predicting doom and gloom unless I buy the latest virus software, malware, worm - everything!. I have just used Hijackthis and it told me to post the result to a forum such as this. I chose this one because it has an honest response, without ever asking for money.

I dont know where the log has gone now, nor do I know how to copy and paste it into one of the threads on here.

Well there goes my first question and attempt to link an answer - of sorts. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful. Thanks for reading this far and I hope to participate more in the future.

RichiesART. Only on flickr.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Good afternoon and welcome :wave

Am I to understand it correctly that you fear the ever decreasing speed of surfing could be related to malware being present on your machine?
    If you suspect that your computer is hiding some nasties then what you would have to do is follow the below procedures.

Read and Run Me First

Once you have read thoroughly through the above, then you will realise that no Hijackthis log is required as HJT is already built into MGTools.
    Once done with all the scans, and you are still having problems, you can make a fresh thread in malware removal, attach the 4 requested logs and wait until one of us gets to you to review the logs.
    Please be patient as we do work the threads on an oldest to newest basis.

Then if malware gets ruled out, you could post in software to see if you can work something out to increase speed.

Also, if you don't suspect malware you could take a look at the below:

Computer Maintenance

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. RichiesART

RichiesART Private E-2

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi, what you need to do is NOT post inline logs like you have, and you should also ensure that you are attaching logs into the malware fprum not here in the welcome centre

6. :cool:waveA warm welcome to the forum;Enjoy.......:wave:cool​

Maximus.........:wave:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds