Posting For Help On Multiple Forums

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Bugbatter, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Bugbatter

Bugbatter Private E-2

Hi, Guys,

I cannot post a reply in the malware removal threads here, and I cannot send PM's because I have less than 50 posts.
    What is the best way to let you know that your OP's are having malware removal handled at multiple forums?
    One Example:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=165357
    http://www.dellcommunity.com/suppor...d=si_hijack&message.id=90716&jump=true#M90716
    I just figured it would save your helpers hours of research in some cases if they could be informed.

Regards,
    Bugbatter

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Bugbatter

Very likely that the OP as they started the two threads close together on both sites and recieved 1st replies also close timing, that they will continue at the forum your assisting them at as its much further along on the removals process. I will aim Chaslang also an MVP in Consumer Security to this thread as he is the one assisting her, cheers for heads up.

Hey you have log to attend too from 07-26-2008 10:15 AM ;) snap to it soldier :)

3. Bugbatter

Bugbatter Private E-2

Hi, Halo,
    Yes, folks do start threads close together on different forums. In fact, they may sometimes work at more than one site in an attempt to hurry things along without thinking that, by using two analysts, they are taking time away from helping other users.

My question above was regarding how to notify the helpers here without starting a new topic discussion in the public forum each time this happens.

:)

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You can email Chaslang or TimW here at majorgeeks.com

5. Bugbatter

Bugbatter Private E-2

Thanks, guys! :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds