Problem With Two Factor Authentication For Majorgeeks Login

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by anonymous12, Jan 2, 2020.

1. anonymous12

anonymous12 Private E-2

I've used TFA for years, but I am currently trying to add it to a new phone. Before it would let me generate a new barcode here on MajorGeeks, it asked for my current 6 digit code which I was able to generate from my old phone, but it kept getting rejected. I ended up using one of my 10 backup codes that were generated a few months ago which worked. When it generated a new barcode, I was able to add it to my new phone, but my new 6 digit code was again rejected. Any idea what's going on? I went through the process for several other websites today with no problem, and for MajorGeeks several times in the past it has worked fine as I added new phones. Sorry I'm not sure this is the best forum to ask this question, but I couldn't find another one that might be better, and the direct contact email addresses don't seem to cover this either since they say they are for content/advertising/business. While I'm at it, I would also like to request a username change as I saw another post where that was possible (14 year member). I understand this may look suspicious so I'm happy to wait on the username change until the TFA issue gets resolved or by following any additional verification steps you need. Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

satrow likes this.
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi
    I have had issue with TFA via the MSFT app on a few forums that lead me to change the authorise code to email over the app, not great but works.

4. Goddess Bastet

Goddess Bastet First Sergeant

Same for me. I’m a new member, 2-factor authentication was added to my authentication app (Microsoft) but the code generated was rejected. I had to use email authentication which isn’t as secure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds