problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by judyw, Feb 9, 2008.

1. judyw

judyw Private E-2

I don't really know much about how to use forums. I use thunderbird. When I go to tools, account, I cannot change what is there because the end of the page is so far down that I cannot access where it might say 'finish' or 'done'. I have tried putting my cursor over the sides and bottom but it does not bring up the arrows so I can resize the page.

I apologize for being clumsy in my explanation, This is the section that allows a choice of whether you want the previous message quoted in an email. Presently, it says to quote it and I wish to change that. I can access where to put a check mark or eliminate a check mark. What I cannot do is get to the bottom of the page where there is probably something that indicates 'finish'.

I can't resize it.

Thank you.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ....what screen resolution do you have your desktop set to?
    You may wish to reset it to 1280x768 and see if that helps.

3. Jason A

Jason A Private E-2

Hello judyw and welcome to MajorGeeks!

I'm pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards Jason :)

4. judyw

judyw Private E-2

Tim, thanks so much for replying. I don't know if this is significant or not, but I have no problem with any other pages. It is just this one page. I may have mentioned I have firefox I believe it is called for my mail. It is when I go to tools and pull up accounts that I cannot get to the bottom of the page. since that is the only page I am having difficulty with would that be a resolution problem?

Judy

5. judyw

judyw Private E-2

I am not sure how to see what resolution I have. do I go to control panel?
    Judy

6. Jason A

Jason A Private E-2

Category view: Start --> Control Panel --> Appearance and Themes --> Display --> Settings --> Screen Resolution

Classic View: Start --> Control Panel --> Display --> Settings --> Screen resolution

7. judyw

judyw Private E-2

thanks, Jason, I will follow your directions. I do appreciate the help

8. Jason A

Jason A Private E-2

Follow my instructions above then change your screen resolution to 1024x768.

9. judyw

judyw Private E-2

Hey you guys are fantastic. Jason, I followed your directions to get to appearance. Tim, you were right on that this solved the problem. I was able to make the changes I needed. I did go back and reset the size after I was able to make the changes.

If I weren't so old I would do the 'Snoopy" happy dance. What a great site this is.

Judy

10. Jason A

Jason A Private E-2

Glad to hear it.

11. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

We can't let the youngsters have all the fun!
    Welcome to MGs!
    dr.m :major

12. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds