product code key

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by grhd_rules, Jul 22, 2006.

1. grhd_rules

grhd_rules Private E-2

help, my dil put in her old pent II E-machine disc and it is asking for the product code key for the 98 Windows. She cant find it. anyone know how we can get a product code key so she can get her system back. whe have the serial # and code on the E-machine but nothing else.

2. grhd_rules

grhd_rules Private E-2

can anyone reply

3. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

is it 98 Second Edition ?

I wrote a program to retrieve lots of different keys and it should also support Windows 98.

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5188

Unfortunatly (for you) it requires the .net 2.0 framework which microsoft says is compatable with windows 98 but which I haven't tested on that platform.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

I'd be interested to see how my app performs on your system (if at all)

if it doesn't there are a couple of other keyfinder utilities on the site in the 'covert ops' section

http://majorgeeks.com/downloads6.html

4. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Help, my dil put in her old pent II E-machine disc and it is asking for the product code key for the 98 Windows. She cant find it. Anyone know how we can get a product code key so she can get her system back. We have the serial # and code on the E-machine but nothing else. grhd_rules <<

You can use the freeware utility to retrieve the Windows 98 Product Key (Install CD key code) which is called: Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder

From the developer:

"The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your Product Key (CD key) used to install windows from your registry. It has the options to copy the key to clipboard, save it to a text file, or print it for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Office 97, and Office XP."​

Good Luck!

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Oh, I forgot to mention this one as well: MSKeyViewer Plus 1.2 which is also available as freeware. This one is a a bit "newer" than Magic Jellybean and offers a few more options as well. MSKeyViewer Plus works with Windows 95/ 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP/ 2003 Server and was developed by Todd Sherrer.

Also, several other programs are supported such as Norton Anti-Virus (2004 and above), and Registry Mechanic 5. And Version 1.2 adds multiple language support, with translations for German, French, and Romanian included.

Good Luck!

6. grhd_rules

grhd_rules Private E-2

thanks, i got my info

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds