Question about installing ActiveX control

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by letsgo, Oct 11, 2006.

1. letsgo

letsgo Private E-2

Hello,

I like to print grocery coupons. My trouble started about three days ago. When I go to a coupon site, I click on the coupons I want then click "print coupons". This takes me to the next page where I click on Install. Usually a bar appears at the top of the screen and I click to allow an ActiveX control to be installed. But now the bar doesn't appear. I've followed all the information under the sites Help section and still no bar appears. Does anyone know what I should do?

Thank you.

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Maybe that activeX control is already installed?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Like nitecrawler mentions ActiveX files normally only install once for the type of activex you need for a website.

Do your coupons print out ok? if so then your fine.

4. letsgo

letsgo Private E-2

No, sadly the coupons can't be printed. After I click install it seems like something is happening but then the next screen states, unable to install ActiveX check your settings. I check everything I can think of following their steps and try again but the bar doesn't appear at the top of the screen anymore. In the past the bar would appear and I would click to allow the activeX to install. Then in the morning when X-cleaner did it's think and showed the coupon file I would click ignore. I don't understand why the file is gone and also why I can't install it again.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)
    Well what you could do is go to Tools>Manage Add-ons
    Then if you see your active-X there disable it then reenable it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds